Saturday, April 24, 2010

Amazing Paraguay.......

Amazing Paraguay...


My recent visit to Paraguay... must say ; it's a life long experience all over.






Let me describe some thing about geography of Paraguay, officially the Republic of Paraguay , is one of the two landlocked countries which lie entirely within the Western Hemisphere, the other being Bolivia, both in South America.



It lies on both banks of the Paraguay River and is bordered by Argentina to the south and southwest, Brazil to the east and northeast, and Bolivia to the northwest. Because of its central location in South America, the country is sometimes referred to as Corazón de América — Heart of America( it's South America)
It's a paradise... land of true natural beauty all over. 
What's fascinated me most was; the wonderful people. Simple by heart , beautiful by appearance.
Nature has given a lot to this country.
Paraguay, I know before only for it's football competence, capacity & capabilities. Now I can very well introduce this country by it's wonderful true hearted citizens.

My stay was in Asuncion. The heart of the country. 
I still recall, lately, when someone vaguely suggested to visit Paraguay ; believe me going thru the internet and collecting all the required basic knowledge or information about the country, did n't generate any excitement with-in me.
Remaining rest of enthusiasm to visit Paraguay, went vanished; when my first time applied tourist visa got rejected straight way (explanation from Paraguay Embassy commenting that India is among the listed country for which Paraguay Government need to make several levels of inquiries.) even though I applied it from US.

However, got the visa in second attempt, when I personally presented myself to Consulate General of  Paraguay, New York.

Consulate General of Paraguay - New York

211 East 43rd Street
Suite 201
New York, NY 10017
Phone : (212) 682 9441
Fax : (212) 682 9443
Email : consulparny@aol.com
Jurisdiction: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin.


http://paraguay.usembassy.gov/emb_consulates.html



(pics  from my original click...)



Moving ahead, I planned for a trip, booked the air flight. There isn't any direct flight ( from Boston)  to Paraguay (Asunción), flights transit either via Chili, Brazil or Argentina. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Health Benefits of Cashews

  Benefits of Cashews. Healthy food is an integral part of healthy body. Regular exercises such as Yoga and healthy diet is important to...