Thursday, July 21, 2011

Is Big Players in web sites (like yahoo, TOI, ICICI Bank) thinks Internet Audience, Fool?

Decade 2000-2010 brought new catalyst in the internet websites, thousands of new website being lauched every day throughout the world.
The numbers are multiplying like anything on hourly basis. But , no second thoughts, to the saying "brand is brand". Avid and regular internet users, like me still like to follow the standards and go the regular branded websites.
Each and every website is having it's own regular stream of visitors\users. In technical terms, techies say it users traffic. Every website is having it's own kind of visitor\customer. 

Just think of this way, starting my day in morning,  I visit some regular websites likes gmail, yahoo mail. If I feel like to know, the happening around the world I prefer to visit websites like guardian.co.uk, nytimes. com, timesofindia.com, cnn.com. Since, I visit these websites number of times a day. So,  I provide the regular traffic to these websites.

Similarly, daily I do trading by visiting some trading website. Visit couple of  banking website to check my bank account, for shopping, I visit amazon. Travelling websites, some deals website, some technical websites like MSDN and others and some times google anything random.

So taking me as an example, alone myself providing traffic to hundreds of websites per day and providing thousands of click per hour. For some brands(say 25-30 website) of website I'm regular visitor and for some I'm random visitor.

So here I'm talking about the responsibility of the web site provider to take ownership and take care to it's regular visitors.But unfortunately, some provider completely fail in doing so and I found them completely irresposible in that terms.

I have had a very unpleasant, irritating user experience from the leading website providers. The providers by now become a brand in internet business.

Citing an example of today morning (July 21 2011), going though the yahoo news . One news line-heading, caught my attention and I want to click it, <> it took me to some other international news.

Trying to do:



Result provided by YAHOO



Wondering, taking the responsiblilities, do these companies really test the applications before feeding to customers or for saving the cost they treat customer as their testers.
From last four months yahoo website was crashing when ever you want to go to the photos page in http://www.yahoo/omg/photos
or videos never come up when where you visit the video page.

Yahoo is in the losses, is this the reason to cater this frustrating web pages to visitors OR Yahoo is in losses due to this regular practice. Only YAHOO management knows all about this.

Another example of the most famous website from India news Time Of India. Poor TOI, I do have impression that  they do not have any international standards level  news drafting editorial team for website news. Still I believe and agree it's one of the most popular web news paper.

The problem of these guys is most congested internet advertisement and irregular, periodic advt. popup and sometimes the load music as soon as pop-up windows comes out.
Do TOI guys really have sense for user convenience, is it a fun or what?  Do they take the news editing seriouly in web too. As they (were) serious in print media some decades back.

These web news papers editorial board need to understand the power of web news too. In case of TOI, I simply do not get the need of unusual adversiting. More over,  they are trying to do it when their newz contains are not to the up-international standards. These irritating advt. only putting more bitter topping over the bitter catered cake (of newz contents).

Another example of the website like ICICI bank. ICICI bank suppose to be latest bank in India. I'm not aware about it popularity, globally. Quite slow website, you'll find the website down, sporadically. Do you expect a second largest bank website could be too slow to log-in and can get down anytime. Anytime you might be in-need to use it urgently. ( though, now I heard they are working over it. )

In the case of ICICI's money2India website, One of the most tragic activity they did. In process to renovate the website they remove (rarely used) or less used account and the customer who were not so frequent. I donot know how valid is it?
Can any large bank afford to have the irregular website, moreover when you have paralysed customer service.

Surprising, astonishing but true. No doubt,  the above cited are big companies and having lot of customers around. Is it because they are old companies, they are getting advantage of  population (in India). I rate them irresposible, do you? I think these companies have yet to understand the power and potential of web based internet platform.
Some one responsible from these companies management has to answer it ? They should learn the visitor experience . They should understand this new era of customers.

Any comment appreciated.......






2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    We are sorry to hear about your experience with our services. Is there any specific query that you have? Do write to us at care@icicibank.com and we'll get in touch with you in order to solve your query. Kindly refer "IBGUID:2042539" in the subject line.

    Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @care@icicibank.com;
    In my continous observations and experience. ICICI has tremedously make improvement, in terms of customer dealing.
    I personally find a lot of improvement in dealing customer.
    I' associated with ICICI since 2003; initially they were good. But I dont know what happened to them in between. Even bank most revenue generating segment NRI banking facilities were really frustating.
    I think they are improving upon very quick. I wish them lots of good luck.
    And congratulate them for continous improvement.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Health Benefits of Cashews

  Benefits of Cashews. Healthy food is an integral part of healthy body. Regular exercises such as Yoga and healthy diet is important to...